I can’t believe it’s already December. This year went by insanely fast but I feel like so much had happened. 2017 was just wild. I am ready to embrace the new year with open arms and see where life takes me.
By the way— my next post is going to be a Q&A so ask me questions on this post if you want!
I have some things left to accomplish by the end of this year still, so here’s to hoping i can complete them all.
- Read 65 books- i have already read 63 books, which means I only need to finish 2 more books in about 2 1/2 weeks. I have started multiple books that I have yet to finish, so I should finish at least 2, if not more.
- Develop a routine for blogging- I started working a real job back in September, and ever since then, blogging has been extremely difficult. I need to work on setting up a schedule every week so that I don’t fall behind all the time.
- Write 35 pages in my journal- I have multiple journals, but I have one that is strictly dedicated to writing poems. I have about 30 pages written in it, but I want to write 5 more. I haven’t done a lot of writing recently, so I want to get around to it.
- Finish watching The Carrie Diaries- Yes, this is my third time watching this show, but I can’t get enough. I have less than 1/2 of the second season left, so it shouldn’t take me long to finish.
- Start Working Out Again- I haven’t worked out on my own in a really long time. I started fitness in gym class this marking period, so at least I work out a little bit. I really want to get back in shape and actually feel motivated to work out.
the thing about writing is that sometimes you feel as though you have nothing to write. you think your words are not worthy enough to be put on paper. but writing is for you. it does not need to meet anyone’s standards. all that you need is a pen and a thought. we all have plenty of those. the rest will follow naturally.
when i write, i can feel all the energy inside me flowing. i feel powerful, indestructible. words are a vital part of my existence. i would be incredibly lost without them. there’s something inside me that draws me to this art form constantly. this need i have for writing is inescapable.
put the pen to the edge of the paper, my dear, and let the words flow out of you. they don’t need to be perfect, but they still deserve to be said.
On November 15th, I turned 18. That is INSANE to me. I am officially an adult. This past year has been all about growing and learning for me. I have definitely changed as a person, friend, writer, blogger, and student. Not only did I get my license, but I also started my first official job, finished my college applications (and even got some acceptances back already), and so much more. I know that I will continue to grow everyday, but I wanted to do this post so that you guys can hear some of my advice (no matter what age).
- take care of your body.
- do what makes YOU happy
- it’s okay if you don’t have everything figured out
- crying does not make you weak!!
- not everyone is meant to stay in your life
- be kind to everyone
- mistakes are okay
- don’t be afraid to show people you care
- write everyday
- you can say “no” without making up excuses
- get off of your phone sometimes
- don’t be so negative all the time
- don’t let the little things bother you
- embrace the future, don’t let it scare you
- you are the only one who can make things happen for yourself
- stay humble
- you are doing just fine
Each of these little lessons/reminders have helped me live a less anxious and happier life. I struggled a lot at the beginning of the year with anxiety and stress, but these tips were really useful. I hope you keep these in mind, and I hope they help you out!
Change has always been a good thing to me. I have embraced it with open arms every time. I can not even imagine a life where I am stuck with the same routine day after day. I do not want to sit behind a desk and watch my life pass me by. I want a career where I can explore different paths daily and have new adventures. I’m not sure where life will take me just yet, but I hope that it will bring me to change. Because change is the only constant that I want in my life.
I keep telling myself that my life won’t really start until I’m older. When I have a real job, and I’m living on my own. But life is short. And I don’t know how long I’ve got. So what am I waiting for? 17 years of precious time have gone by. It is time to go out and make something of myself. Live a little more. While I still can.
Her eyes lit up when she talked about it. She was so passionate about the art she created, and she couldn’t get her mind off of it. The happiness she felt when a paintbrush was in her hand was enough to make anyone smile.
i stared up at the white, wispy clouds. the sky was a beautiful shade of ocean blue. you sat beside me and took in all my features. all my imperfections. i turned to look back at your emerald eyes and smiled. we were surrounded by the world, yet you still told me i was the most beautiful sight. i never felt as full and happy as i did in that moment. you handed my all your thoughts wrapped in a neat bow while i let out my deepest secrets in an explosion. we were total opposites. but when you said those 3 words, i knew that opposites really do attract.
i fall in love with the idea i create of people, rather than who they truly are. i have too much faith in people and in love. i am definitely a romantic. i try so hard to make relationships work, expecting people to change. i get my hopes up and end up disappointed every. single. time. it also makes it so much harder to get over someone. i only want to believe they are good-hearted, rather than face reality. but i would always choose to be full of hope than completely hopeless. because maybe true love really does exist.
you don’t have to have it all figured out. in fact, you shouldn’t. life is messy. life is unpredictable. things don’t ever go according to plan. just embrace every moment with a positive mind and see where the world takes you. the universe always has a plan.
you finally told me everything i always wanted to hear, but i realized it didn’t matter. i’m not the same person as a year ago. i know who i am and what i want. it just isn’t you anymore. and i’m sorry to myself that it took so long to realize my worth. but i’m okay now. i finally got the closure i needed so desperately and i can move on with my life. it truly is freeing to feel this way. i can finally be happy and be myself again.
This month has been filled with so many new experiences for me. I spent a week at a beach house in North Carolina, which was super relaxing. It also gave me a chance to reflect on the past month. Here are some of my favorite things.
- Gilmore Girls- I decided to finish rewatching this show because I wasn’t in the mood to start something new yet. My love for it was just as strong as the first time, and I am glad I watched it again.
- The Silence of the Lambs- This movie is insane. I can’t believe I haven’t watched it earlier. I highly recommend checking it out!
- Jaws- Another movie I can’t believe I haven’t watched earlier. It made me slightly terrified of the ocean for a few weeks, but I have recovered.
- Zines- I have been reading so many zines this past month. Zines are mini magazines that are DIY’d and can be on any topic you choose! I have both been making them, as well as buying them! My current favorite shop is Quietly Written on Etsy. My favorite zine is the Write It Down one! It was a great read.
- Shatter Me series- I read the first book “Shatter Me” last summer I believe. I kept promising myself that I would finish the series but I didn’t get around to it until now. I just finished the 3rd book and I am so happy I decided to continue it. The second book was my favorite of the three, and I can not wait for the next 3 books to come out.
- Lorde’s Album (Melodrama)- This whole album is absolutely incredible. Lorde’s music is always amazing, and this album is no different. I began listening to it a lot more this month.
- H.E.R. (Every Kind of Way)- I was introduced to H.E.R. by my friends and I fell in love. My favorite song at the moment is Every Kind of Way!
- Madison Beer (Dead)- This song is SO good. I haven’t listened to Madison Beer much before this song, but I will probably be checking out more now!
- Acrylic Paint- Painting has always been a part of my life in the form of watercolors, but I decided to explore other mediums. My obsession has been acrylic paints this month. I have so much more control with the artwork I create.
- Minimalism- I am definitely not considered a minimalist. I am the biggest hoarder ever. I have been reading a lot on the topic, however. I have made an effort to get rid of the unnecessary clutter in my life this month. So far, it’s working!
That’s all that I have for my favorites! I hope you check some of them out :) What have your favorites been?
I received a stunning journal from Tremundo Journals a few days ago, and I absolutely had to talk about it. I chose a mini canvas notebook with a wolf print on the cover. This design really spoke to me because of the sunset and the moon in the background. Two of my favorite things. The quality is amazing. The pages are thin but my watercolor paints did not bleed through, and neither did my Staedtler pens. It is pretty small which is perfect for carrying around with you everywhere you go. Overall, it is just a really nice journal.
If you are thinking about journaling, you should check out Tremundo journals and try this one out! You can get free shipping in the US with the code “JUJ17” until July 31.
I wanted to show you guys what some of the pages I designed look like so far!
Hello loves! I have a tag post today that I was nominated for by Awkwardsaurus! Thank you for the tag angel :) Anyways, the point of the tag is to make a list of things that are unique about you. I think the idea is really cute, so of course I wanted to do it.
1. Thank the person that nominated you for this tag and link to their blog (spread the love, basically).
2. Write as many things that are unique to you as possible: these can be things that you do, say, like or have that make you different to other people or let you stand out. It can be what defines you as a person, a little thing about you that is just simply you or something little known that you think makes you up as a person.
3. Nominate up to 10 bloggers or as many as you like; there isn’t a limit.
4. You can take this tag as seriously or non-seriously as you like; you can laugh whilst doing it or feel contemplative: this is about you, after all.
5. After you’ve written this and if you ever feel like there’s nothing to you but what other people have already said and done, look back to your post and remember that it isn’t true.
Here we go…
- Many people don’t know this about me, but I actually love to write poetry. Let me know in the comments if you would like me to share some of my work.
- I am a super organized person, besides the fact that I have messy handwriting. I’m always writing to-do lists, planning, etc.
- I have hazel eyes, meaning that some days my eyes are brown and other days they are green. My license only says brown though because I didn’t know what the abbreviation for hazel was, and I was too afraid to ask.
- I love love love to run and workout.
- I am super indecisive. I change my mind constantly, but only because I have a variety of interests and want to get to all of them.
- I love interior design and redecorating my room, and I used to do it on a monthly basis.
- I have a strange love for mozzarella sticks. No, seriously. If I see mozzarella sticks on the menu at any restaurant, I will order them.
- I basically have a collection of journals, and I can’t stop myself from buying more.
- I write all over my books. I highlight, write comments, underline, circle, etc. I know most book lovers think it is a sin, but it makes books feel more unique to me ;)
That is all that I can think of right now, but I think it is a pretty good list! I actually won’t be tagging anyone specifically, because I think anyone who wants to do this tag should! Send me your links if you decide to do it yourself.
It’s been two months since my last Journal With Me because I haven’t been doing much journaling recently. I guess I fell into a bit of a funk with inspiration and motivation recently.
I subscribed to the Vogue magazine though, and I have received three since. These gave me a lot of inspiration so I went through them and picked some of my favorites to create a bit of a vision board look for this spread!
The theme I went for in this one was yellow and pink. I overdid the left side a bit with the yellow, so it wasn’t as subtle as I wanted it to be, but I am happy with the overall outcome. Let me know if you have any questions about the steps!
I swear I will try to post more of these whenever I can! I hope you like the final product. Please let me know what you think in the comments :)