So, my writing project officially has a name. For now, I am just going to be referring to it as Project X on here, but I came up with a title for it that I really love and I’m excited about. It could definitely still change, but right now, I really love it.
As far as actual updates, I actually haven’t really written anything else. Although I haven’t really added to my word count, I’m still working on the project! I’ve been doing some research about writing in general, and I have really been trying to work on my craft. Writing is something I really want to do, so it is imperative that I get better at it.
I’ve also been writing little snippets of stories in my journal, and I continue to work on my outline for this project. I tend to underwrite all of my first drafts, so I want to make sure I actually have enough content for my story.
I learned that I am definitely a plotter, and I can not imagine ever being a pantser (a person who doesn’t outline their novels, just jumps right into them). That sounds way too intimidating to me.
So, the novel is still in the works! I definitely plan to continue on with it, just experimenting and finding out what my writing style is exactly. This is definitely not going to be the book that gets me through the publishing doors, but it is necessary if I ever do want to step through.
That’s all for now :)
Please let me know if you are currently working on some writing projects! I am looking for some writing friends that I can rant about the process to and that will help keep me motivated!
Good luck with your writing projects!
I saw this topic on numerous Youtube videos, and I thought it was incredibly interesting. I am not one to read every single book by one author, but recently there have been many I tend to pick up more.
- Colleen Hoover- She is the first adult fiction author I read and enjoyed a couple of years back. Since the first two books I read, Maybe Someday and Ugly Love, I have fallen in love. I read two more of her books after, and I own a ton more that I have yet to read.
- Nina LaCour- I LOVED Everything Leads To You by Nina so I had to check out We Are Okay a few months later. While I didn’t like it as much as the Everything, it was still amazing. I know I will read the rest of her books soon.
- Stephanie Garber- She only has one book out (Caraval), but I really really liked it and I can not wait for the second book to come out. I know I will pick it up.
- John Green- Everyone knows who he is, and chances are you have read one of his books. I haven’t read all, but I enjoy his writing, and I can’t wait to read his new book.
- Tamara Ireland Stone- Again, I have only read one of her books, but Every Last Word spoke to me on such a deep level, and I really want to get my hands on more of Tamara’s books.
- Amanda Lovelace- Of course she has to be included in this list. She is a poet who wrote The Princess Saves Herself In This One. I own both her self-published book, and the one published by Andrews McMeel. If you haven’t read Princess, give it a shot before her next book comes out (which I will be reading the day it comes out!).
Thanks for reading! Let me know who some of your favorite authors are in the comments.