It can be hard to come up with new blog posts. Especially after you’ve been doing it for a while. You feel like you’re running out of ideas, and sometimes you just can’t think of any. So, today I thought I would share some ideas for general topics you can write about! Feel free to share any others in the comments, too! You can refer back to this whenever you feel like you’re having writer’s block :)
- TBRs: These can be monthly, seasonal, read-a-thon specific, etc. They are a classic blog post topic that can be done frequently!
- Wrap-Ups: Similar to the previous one, these can be done monthly, seasonally, every 5 books you read, etc. They are always going to be different because you are talking about different books (duh, that’s how it works).
- Reviews: Obviously, as book bloggers, we read! So, there are always new books we can review. I have actually grown to love writing reviews. There’s something so fun about trying to capture the essence of a book in a new way every time.
- Recommendations: There are so many different recommendation posts to do, which is true for all of the post ideas I’ve mentioned so far.
These are all great because they can be redone in many different ways over and over again.
- Tags: There are hundreds and hundreds of tags floating around the web. You can just search “book tag” on google and find tons of them to choose from! They are a great way to engage with the community, too. You can tag others and read their responses! It gets a lot of people involved.
- Weekly “Memes”: Top Ten Tuesday, Waiting on Wednesday, etc. are all great blog posts that give you at least one new post every week!
- Q&A: This is a great way for people to get to know you. You can talk about other hobbies/interests you have, answer questions specifically about books, or a mix of everything!
- Giveaway: Host a giveaway! This is a really fun way to get more people to check out your site (if you promote via Instagram/Twitter/etc.). This is obviously only something you should do if you have the means to. You can give away a book you already own (maybe even annotate it), or you can buy someone a new release, or even give away a voucher for a specific bookstore!
- Discussion Posts: You can write a discussion post on pretty much anything- which is why this is such a unique post. Everyone will have different takes on certain topics, so reading them is always fun.
- Blogging Advice: This is another one that’s going to be different for each person. We all have different experiences when it comes to blogging, so we have different tips to share! You can also make these specific and do different variations. You can write a post on formatting and using code in your blog posts, another on how to go self-hosted, a general tips post, and more!
- Interviews: You can interview authors, other bloggers, bookstagrammers, Youtubers, etc. You can do so many of these and ask different questions for each person! I personally love reading interviews- it’s a great way to learn more about people in this community!
- Reading Tips: This is a fun one because you can do a lot with it, too. For example, you can do a “how to read more as a college student” or “how to annotate” and so many other variations!
What are some of your favorite blog posts to write? Mine have to be recommendations or discussion posts! But I love them all in different ways :)