April flew by but simultaneously has felt like the LONGEST month ever. How is that even possible?
Anyway, I’m definitely happy to be leaving this month behind because I am now done with all of my schoolwork for the semester, and I can just focus on the summer.
I was able to read quite a bit over this past month, and I’m pretty proud of myself for it, actually! I picked up lots of books that have been on my TBR for far too long, and I read some that I just got recently as well. In total, I read 11 books. This is also the first month where I haven’t rated a book lower than 3.5 stars. Definitely a success!
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray: Look at me, actually trying to finish a series!! I loved this book so much, and it is probably my favorite so far!
- Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray- I also finished the 3rd book in this series this month and loved it just as much. I only have one book left to go now, which I have on hold from my library.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: I finally read SoC this month! It was such a great experience and I love all of the characters so much. I’m excited to continue on with this soon.
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin: I just finished this one last night and it was by far my favorite read of the month. It was just so beautiful, so well written, and left me thinking about the whole world.
- Chasing Lucky by Jenn Bennett: Jenn Bennett did once again not disappoint with her newest novel. It comes out in November, but if you’re interested in hearing more, I wrote a whole review!
- The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman: This is a super short horror story and I thought it was so spooky. It was well done, and it definitely left me with an eerie feeling.
- Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen: This book was so cute. I enjoyed it a lot, but there were definitely some flaws that others may not enjoy. For me, it was just a fun, quick contemporary, and I had a good time reading it!
- The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo: I read this as part of the Subtle Asian bookclub (as a first time member), and I’m so happy I did! I probably wouldn’t have read this for a few more months at the very least had it not been for this book club, but I really enjoyed the story!
- Picking Cotton by Jennifer Thompson-Cannino and Ronald Cotton
- The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett: I finally read the last Jenn Bennett contemporary that has been on my TBR for a few years now! It was so adorable, and I’m really glad that I finally got to it.
- As You Wish by Chelsea Sedoti: This is a story about a town where everyone gets to make a wish on their 18th birthday and it comes true. It was really interesting to read the stories of the different wishes that people have made, but there were some parts that were really lacking for me. It was definitely enjoyable, but not quite an amazing read.
Overall, this was probably one of my most successful reading months in terms of enjoyment. I am so pleased with all of the books I read, and I’m excited to see where next month leads me.
If you’ve read any of these, please tell me what your thoughts of them were- did you feel the same way as me or have a different opinion?