It’s been one strange month, to say the least- at the beginning of the month, I thought I wasn’t going to get any reading done at all, and suddenly I was sent home from university because of the coronavirus.
Now I have all the time in the world, and I’ve been able to do a decent amount of reading, compared to previous months. I am happy to say I read 11 books this month! Woohoo!
My reading was also all over the place this month. I had a few 5 stars, but I also had a 1 star read, which is pretty rare for me. It was just an interesting month overall.
- Docile by K.M. Szpara: I’m hoping to finish this one by the end of the day so I can count it as read in March! I will definitely be able to do it, so I will update the post when I finish :)
- UPDATE: I DID finish it!! I gave it 3 stars. It was hard to rate because of the subject matter, but I think this is a good rating.
- My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan: Not what I expected, but it was really good!
- The Vanishing Stair by Maureen Johnson: I picked this up randomly because I saw it on Scribd and wanted to finish the series. It is now one of my favorite series of all time!
- The Hand on the Wall by Maureen Johnson
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren: My first Christina Lauren book turned out to be a success. I wrote a review for it, too.
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky by Mackenzi Lee
- The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware: This was SO. GOOD. I really enjoyed it!
- The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter
- And I Darken by Kiersten White: I have an ARC of the third book in this series, so I’m working my way towards it. It was alright, not a favorite of mine.
- Wicked As You Wish by Rin Chupeco: This book has a really complicated magic system that I did not fully understand for the majority of the book, and it took me a while to get into it. The ending was enjoyable, though!
- Hearts, Strings, and Other Breakable Things by Jacqueline Firkins: I honestly don’t have much to say about this one other than I really did not like it.
Those are all of the books I read this month! If you’ve read any, please let me know what your thoughts on them were in the comments.
I’m looking forward to my next month of reading, which you’ll read about in my next post :)