Another month, another wrap-up! This month I only read 5 books so far (with a hopeful 6th almost done). This wrap-up may not be as long as previous ones, but I am proud of myself for reading anything regardless. I’m also trying to focus less on quantity this year, and spend more time with each book and actually enjoy it.
Anyways, let’s look at what I read!
Current Read: The Diviners by Libba Bray
Okay, so I know I haven’t finished this book yet, but I’m 1/2 way through it and I still have until Saturday to finish it, so I think I’ll be able to finish it! Either way, I wanted to include it here anyway because the majority of it will be read this month!
As of now, I’m really enjoying this one, and I can see it becoming a favorite read for me for sure!
- My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell- Beautiful read. It was heartbreaking but it touched on such a dark topic in a good way. I think it’s an important read for sure.
- How to Make Friends with the Dark by Kathleen Glasgow- I wasn’t planning on reading this one this month but I needed an audiobook to listen to, and this one was incredible. Another one that is a bit on the darker side, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham- Disappointing one for sure because I hyped it up so much in my head. I still really recommend Lauren Graham’s memoir though!
- A Girl Like Her by Talia Hibbert- This book fell a little flat for me, which I was sad about because I loved two of her other novels so much. Unfortunately, the characters and their chemistry felt a little forced to me.
- Beholding Bee by Kimberly Newton Fusco- This one was on my TBR for so long so I’m happy to have finally checked it off. BUT, I definitely did not connect with the story or the writing style at all.
That’s all for today’s post! I am happy to say I have successfully followed a TBR for two months now. Maybe I’ll be able to do this every month…