This year I set a challenge for myself to not buy any books. I was only allowed to read books I already owned or borrowed from the library. There was a 5 book freebie. Unfortunately, I did not accomplish this goal. BUT, I definitely purchased far fewer books than I have any previous year.
I tried only to purchase books that I absolutely wanted, not just impulse buys.
In total, I bought 23 books. To some, this may seem like a lot, to others it may not seem like much at all. To me, it was at least half of what I bought in the last two years, so I consider that a win.
I won’t tell you my goals for 2020 yet (that post is coming soon), but I will be trying to keep my number low again.
Now for the books:
- A Girl Like Her by Talia Hibbert
- Dragonhearts by Amanda Lovelace, Trista Mateer, Nikita Gill
- Water Runs Red (bundle w/ physical copy)
- Storyteller by Morgan Harper Nichols
Special Editions/Extra Copies of Favorite Books
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee- Hardcover
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee- Special Edition
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee- Special Edition
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern- Special Edition
Other Physical Copies
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
- Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
- You Asked For Perfect by Laura Silverman
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- Four Weeks, Five People by Jennifer Yu
- Final Draft by Riley Redgate
- Still Here by Rowan Blanchard
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- Save the Cat! Writes a Novel by Jessica Brody
That is all for the books I bought this year! Again, I am very proud of myself for not buying too many books this year.
What were your book buying habits this year? Leave a comment letting me know!