Hello! I feel like I’ve been doing a lot of tag posts recently, but don’t worry, this is my final tag post for Blogtober. I found this one on Kristin’s blog, so be sure to check her post out as well! Let’s get into the tag.
What books or series that intimidate you (because of length, density, subject) would feel like an accomplishment to finish?
- The Diviners has me TERRIFIED. But, I’m going to try to read it for a read-a-thon that my friend Liv will be hosting starting in December!
What author would you like to co-author a book with?
- I would love to co-author a book with Jenn Bennett. I think that she’s someone who knows how to craft a story really well, but it would be easy to combine my own writing style with hers. It would be really cool.
If you could interview any author for your blog, who would it be? What’s one question you would ask?
- Definitely Erin Morgenstern and I would ask her what her writing process looks like. I just feel like she must have such a complex process because her books are all so intricate. How does she come up with them?
As a writer, what genre is out of your comfort zone that you’d like to conquer someday and write within?
- I would love to write an urban fantasy novel. I tend to stick to contemporary- mysteries, romance, etc. BUT, I think an urban fantasy would be so much fun to write, and one day I hope to attempt it if the right story comes to mind.
What specific edition of a book would you like to own someday? It could be rare, a first edition, an anniversary edition, signed, or one with a cover special to you, etc.
- I would love a signed copy of To Kill a Mockingbird. This is my favorite book of all time and it’s so near and dear to me. It’s my dream to own a signed copy, but I don’t want to spend $200+ on one, oops.
Are there any books or bookish items that you’d like to collect?
- I’m not much of an items collector, but I would like to collect different editions of The Night Circus and The Starless Sea (once it’s out). They all look so beautiful.
Name one bookish place you’d like to visit. (Not somewhere you’d like to visit because of a book and not a fictional place within a book. A library, bookstore, etc.)
- I would love to go to Powell’s bookstore in Oregon. It’s considered to be the largest bookstore (in the world, I think) in terms of shelf space. THAT IS SO COOL!! One day I hope to make my way there.
Name one bookish event you’d like to attend. (A festival, a signing, a book fair, etc.)
- I would absolutely love to go to YALLWEST. If one day I get the chance to go to California, I would try to plan the trip around the time of this book festival so I could attend!
Your WIP is getting published and designing the cover is solely up to you. What does it look like?
- I am loving the whole illustrated covers trend that’s happening right now. Here are some beautiful covers that I would draw inspiration from:
What’s one thing you’d like to accomplish within the bookish world? As a writer, reader, blogger, whatever you want.
- Finish an actual novel. I’ve written tons of short stories. And I’ve started multiple novels, but I never actually finished one. I get discouraged or stuck and just abandon the book completely, but I would love to actually finish one in the near future. Even if it’s not one that I would actually want to publish.
That is it for today! This was a really fun tag. Again, I tag anyone who wants to do it. If you do answer these questions, be sure to link your post in the comments so I can read your answers :)