Hey loves! Can you believe we are already halfway through the year? I am so proud of myself for all of the reading I’ve done so far (59 books!!) and I can’t wait to see where the rest of the year takes me.
Today I am doing the mid-year book freakout tag, and let me tell you, I really did freak out while picking my answers to these. It’s so hard to choose, ok?
- Daisy Jones and the Six: I read this book twice in one month and I am already planning another re-read, so I think that explains it all.
- Catching Fire: I haven’t read too many sequels this year, but my re-read of Catching Fire was probably my favorite. It brought back so many memories, and I love that feeling of nostalgia.
- I Wish You All the Best: This one came to mind first because I’ve been eyeing it for so long. I hope to pick it up before the year is over!
- The Unhoneymooners: Everyone has been raving about this one, and I love me a good romance.
- The Starless Sea: This was my most-wanted ARC at Bookcon, and I am so happy to say that I got it (I’m sorry I will take every chance to brag about that because I EARNED IT after getting up at 4am!!)
- The Library of Lost Things: This is a book I sadly did not get at Bookcon, but I will be buying it on release date for sure.
- The Tenth Girl: I’ve talked about this book so much, I need it in my hands like NOW.
- The Cruel Prince: Ok, I didn’t hate this one, but I also didn’t love it. Everyone hyped it up too much, and I think that ruined it a bit for me (still going to read Queen of Nothing, though, duh).
- The Thing About Jellyfish: I do not read middle grade, like, ever. But I picked this one up because I did a project for one of my English classes in the Fall semester where I had to create my own book club for children, and this one caught my eye. I really, really loved it.
- Taylore Jenkins Reid: I read Daisy Jones and Evelyn Hugo this year, which were both 5 star reads, so I definitely need to read more by TJR ASAP.
- Casey McQuiston: Debut author of Red, White, and Royal Blue which was INCREDIBLE. I highly recommend reading it if you haven’t yet!!
- Kevin Day – Foxhole Court: He has a soft spot in my heart, ok?
- The whole group of friends – Red, White, and Royal Blue: I would die for them. There is nothing else to say.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo: It was beautiful, it was sapphic, it was so well written.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama: It just made me feel so empowered and it really uplifted me. I love the Obama family so much.
- The Hate You Give: This movie came out in 2018, but I didn’t see it until this year because I suck. But it was just as good as I imagined it would be, and I am so happy that such an important book was brought to life on the big screen.
- Again, But Better: I’ve really been working on my reviews this year and trying to do more. This one was a good one, in my opinion, and you should go check it out ;)
- Wild Beauty: This cover is stunning
- With the Fire on High: HAVE YOU SEEN THIS NAKED BOOK? Stunning. (I’m in the process of reading this right now, but it’s probably going to be up there with Daisy Jones).
- The Lady Rogue: I was sent an ARC of this book (which I will forever be grateful for). If you didn’t know, Jenn Bennett is one of my favorite contemporary authors of all time. I will definitely read this before release date.
- Wilder Girls: This actually comes out very soon (in a few weeks), and I’m in the middle of it now. I love it so much already, so you all should add it to your TBRs.
- Grisha Trilogy and SOC duology: A tv show adaptation is coming out for both of these pretty soon, and I have actually not read either of them yet. I know, it’s hard to believe. I just felt like it was too late for me to read it because of how long I’ve read it, but I decided I still want to.
Thanks for reading this post! If you do this tag yourself, be sure to let me know so I can check it out :)