Hey, loves! Today I felt like doing a tag because I haven’t done one in a few months and they’re always fun. I am not sure who started this one because I’ve had the questions saved for months on the notes app, but didn’t save the post I saw it on by accident. I tried looking for it but wasn’t able to, unfortunately.
If you do know, please leave a comment and I will be sure to add that!
1. Inside flap/Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough?
I think that the synopsis on the book itself is usually just enough or not enough. It is rarely “too much” because then it would reveal the entire book and no one would read it. I personally prefer when it’s not enough because I like to go into my books blind, so I don’t want to know more than a few lines describing it.
2. New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: Audiobook, E-Book, Paperback, or Hardcover?
I am a paperback person. Always have been. However, I also love listening to audiobooks, but those I typically borrow from my library. Therefore, if I’m getting a new book, I would like it in paperback!
3. Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, take notes, make comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean?
I definitely write in my books, and if you’ve been following me for a while you know that I do. I used to use a lot of colors- highlighters, rainbow pens, post-it flags, etc. More recently, I’ve stuck to black pen and the occassional yellow post-it note. I’ve always loved the look of a well-worn book. I do the same to many of my books.
4. Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you’re deciding on a book? What if you’re unsure of the author’s gender?
I prefer to read books by female authors, especially if the main character is female, but I don’t really pay that much attention to who the author is when deciding on if I’m going to read a book or not.
5. Ever read ahead? or have you ever read the last page way before you got there?
Sometimes when I’m reading a scene with a lot of action or dialogue, I skim read it because I want to know what’s going to happen next, but I always go back after the scene and re-read the sentences I skimmed. I never read the last page first, though.
6. Organized bookshelves, or outrageous bookshelves?
Organized shelves- Sometimes they can be a bit messy when I run out of space (I end up cramming books everywhere). They are currently organized by genre and then alphabetically by the author’s last name.
7. Have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?
Yes, 100%. I think most people have done that.
8. Take it outside to read, or stay in?
I do both. It obviously depends on the weather, but also on my mood. Some days I don’t want to get dressed up to go outside, so I stay in. Sometimes I can’t stand to be inside anymore so I go out to a nice park. I like both equally, though.
That is all for this tag! I tag anyone who wants to do it- if you do, be sure to leave the link for me so I can check it out :) See you on Tuesday!