Tomorrow is my last final for my first semester of college, and then I will be going home for the winter season! I can not wait for a break, finals KILLED ME.
But, today I want to reflect on how my first semester went, and how I feel about where I am right now :)
So, the first week was sort of rough for me. I actually wrote a post about my first week and how unhappy I was. I think the change was just bigger than I expected it to be, combined with the heat and not having air conditioning, and getting a little sick towards the end made me feel really cranky and out of place. I missed home and the familiarity of seeing my friends everyday. I didn’t feel like I belonged anywhere, and I just wanted to move onto the part where I have close friends.
Luckily, things have definitely looked up for me! I joined a few clubs on campus, got to know some amazing people, and I enjoyed all of my classes.
I definitely learned so much this semester- not just school wise, but also about myself.
Some highs from the past few months:
- Living on my own and having independence
- Read my poetry out loud for an audience for the first time ever
- Got straight As on my midterms!
- (I think) I got straight As on my finals (grade aren’t out yet)
- Made a ton of new friends
- Had enough time to participate in NaNo this year (unsuccessfully, but still)
- Went to a book signing
- Made so many new online connections
The last two weeks have been finals, so I’ve been working really hard, and it’s been stressful.
But, I am super pleased with how my first semester of college went, and I can’t wait to see where it takes me in the future :)