Hello everyone! If you read my last post, you know that I missed 2 blogmas days, so I’m making up for them today! One more post will go up a little later today :)
I saw this tag that Kelly did, and I really wanted to do it, too! Check out her post here :)
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it ✅
I have like 12 ARCs right now on Netgalley that I have not read and reviewed yet (oops). Plus I have some physical ARCs that I’ve won so I don’t technically need to review them, but I have not read them yet. I am dedicating the beginning of 2019 to finishing as many as I can, though. The guilt is killing me.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley ❌
I have a 65% right now, which is not great, but it’s above 65! I used to have a much higher rating, but then I requested and got approved for a bunch of ARCs and I’m OVERWHELMED. I’m working on it, I promise.
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) ✅
I’ve definitely done this, but I also know I will never post those reviews now. It’s too late and I don’t even remember which books they are.
4. Folded down the page of a book ✅
Yes, I dog-ear pages all the time. It doesn’t bother me at all, haha.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book ❌
My cousin dropped one of my books into the ocean one time, but I never spilled anything on them.
6. DNF a book this year ✅
Yes, I think I DNF’d two this year, and I can’t even remember what they were.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it ❌
I buy a lot of books solely for their covers, but I still plan on reading them!
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) ✅
Oh, definitely! I am a huge procrastinator.
9. Skim read a book ✅
I did this for school all the time.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal ❌
I set my goal to one book this year, so that I could focus on quality over quantity, so I did obviously reach that. For the past 2 years that I have been seriously using goodreads, I also reached both of my goals.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it ❌
I don’t think I’ve ever not returned a book, but I’ve definitely had people not return books to me.
12. Broke a book buying ban ✅
Oh, 100%. I do this all the time, it’s so bad. But 2019 is the year of no book buying!
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about ✅
This goes along with #3. I usually say I will do a review, then start it, but completely forget to finish. By the time I remember, it’s too late because the book is no longer fresh in my mind.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading ✅
Yes, I love to annotate my books and I do this all the time. I just love to record my thoughts and be able to look back on them :)
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads ❌
I’m pretty good about doing this, I don’t think I’ve forgotten to add a book unless if it was something I read before using goodreads.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend ❌
Nope, I also return the books to their owners!
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book ✅
Yes, I hate letting people borrow my books unless if I absolutely trust them. I’ve had multiple people not return books to me, so I am very careful about this.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book ❌
No, I am very careful with other people’s books, but I don’t borrow a lot of books from other people to begin with.
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged ❌
I never really take the jacket off of books, I usually leave it on.
20. Sat on a book accidentally ✅
I can’t remember a specific incidence but I’m sure this has happened at least once.
Total Score: 11/20
I tag everyone who wants to do this! It was a lot of fun :)