On November 15th, I turned 18. That is INSANE to me. I am officially an adult. This past year has been all about growing and learning for me. I have definitely changed as a person, friend, writer, blogger, and student. Not only did I get my license, but I also started my first official job, finished my college applications (and even got some acceptances back already), and so much more. I know that I will continue to grow everyday, but I wanted to do this post so that you guys can hear some of my advice (no matter what age).
- take care of your body.
- do what makes YOU happy
- it’s okay if you don’t have everything figured out
- crying does not make you weak!!
- not everyone is meant to stay in your life
- be kind to everyone
- mistakes are okay
- don’t be afraid to show people you care
- write everyday
- you can say “no” without making up excuses
- get off of your phone sometimes
- don’t be so negative all the time
- don’t let the little things bother you
- embrace the future, don’t let it scare you
- you are the only one who can make things happen for yourself
- stay humble
- you are doing just fine
Each of these little lessons/reminders have helped me live a less anxious and happier life. I struggled a lot at the beginning of the year with anxiety and stress, but these tips were really useful. I hope you keep these in mind, and I hope they help you out!