This is going up a bit late, as June has begun about a week ago now. I haven’t done a lot of reading last month, and I began a lot of books but never finished them. This month I will hopefully have more time to read once school ends. I might also pick up volunteering at the library again, which will definitely be motivational.
All the books I plan on reading I already own because I am currently on a book buying ban. I have at least 25 books at home that I purchased and haven’t read yet, so I plan on only reading those for the next couple of months without purchasing new ones.
Here are some books I plan on finishing or starting this month. Let me know if you’ve read any of them!
- The Space Between The Stars by Anne Corlett: I received this ARC a few weeks ago and I have yet to read it (which I am super sad about because it is being released the 13th)! It is super intriguing and I highly suggest you check it out. It sort of gives me Illuminae vibes, and it’s a genre I don’t normally read, so I am excited to get to it. Thank you so much to Penguin Random House for sending me this!
- The Map That Leads To You by J.P. Monninger: This is another ARC I got from St. Martin’s Press (thank you) which happens to come out the 13th as well. I started reading this one already and I FELL IN LOVE. I think this is going to become one of my favorite books of all time. I have covered the pages with post-it notes already because there is so much that tugs at my heart. I feel really connected to it, and I will definitely be finishing it soon.
- The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr: I have a funny story for this one- The only reason I bought it was because Target had signed copies. I picked one up and kept looking around the store. Then I noticed that some of the pages were bent in the copy I had, so I went back to switch it and grabbed a copy that wasn’t signed. Oh, well. Anyways, I heard some mixed reviews on this. I hope I enjoy it, otherwise not getting a signed copy will make me really upset, haha.
- 1984 by George Orwell: This is a classic that I definitely need to read. I’ve heard so many people talking about it and I have been wanting to read it for so long. I really hope I get around to it really soon.
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf: Clearly I have been in the classic mood recently. I picked this book up from the library, and I started it but haven’t finished yet. I am probably going to finish this one first out of all on the list because I need to return it soon.