I read a total of 8 books in April, which is surprising because it felt like a busy month.
- A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Maas: At first, I found this book very boring and I didn’t think I would like it, but since I was sent it on Kindle to borrow, I decided to pull through to the end. I am happy that I did because the story really picked up. I will not be finishing the series, however. Maas has a lot of problematic scenes in the third book which are offensive and hurtful. 3/5 stars
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken: I did not enjoy this book at all. I also borrowed it from someone on Kindle, so I finished it. It was very slow paced, and not a lot of action happened. 3/5 stars
- Never, Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher: THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING. It’s a super short read, at only a little over 100 pages. There is a huge cliffhanger at the end, and I can’t wait to read parts 2 and 3. This is my 3rd Colleen Hoover book, and I plan on reading a lot more by her because I’ve loved them all. 5/5 stars
- Only A Kiss by Ines Bautista-Yao: This book is a cute, quick read. The writing wasn’t great, but I enjoyed the story. I only read it because I got it free on Amazon! 3/5 stars
- I Am More Than A Daydream by Jennae Cecelia: This is Jennae’s 3rd poetry collection, and by far my favorite! I read it in one sitting, and related to a lot of the poetry. 5/5 stars
- Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven: I loved this book. I read it pretty quickly, and it was really fast paced, which I liked. I loved the main characters, and the story was really empowering. 4/5 stars
- The Wingsnatchers by Sarah Jean Horwitz: I received an ARC of this book, and it just came out on April 25th, so I wanted to finish it before release day. It was a cute story, but definitely geared towards middle school kids. 3/5 stars
- Night By Elie Wiesel: This book is a true account of a Jewish man during the Holocaust. It was devastating and made me tear up, but I am glad I read it. It really opens your eyes to the horrors people faced. 5/5 stars
Now for my TBR! I don’t have a lot of books on my list, because I never stick to my TBR anyways.
- Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon: The movie comes out mid-May, so I definitely want to finish this book before then.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard: I started this book the last week of April, but I have yet to finish it, so it is my goal to do so.
- Silence by Natasha Preston: I also started this a few days ago, and I am almost done. I really, really want to finish it because I accidentally read a spoiler, and now I can’t stop thinking about it!