The days I wake up and begin the morning doing something productive is when I feel best about myself. I love that I am not just sitting in bed watching Netflix for hours (but, let’s be honest, I have my fair share of those days, too). Here are five things you should do every morning to ensure a successful day.
- Drink a glass of water. This is supposed to help your metabolism get a jump start and it also helps to wake you up. I just started doing this recently, and it really does help. I feel refreshed early in the morning, and I am hydrated after sleeping all night.
- Make your bed. This is crucial to me. My room looks extremely messy if I don’t make my bed, so just doing this one thing makes me feel so much better. It’s also the first productive thing I do, so it makes me feel like I accomplished something early in the day.
- Open the Blinds. My room needs to be pitch black when I sleep, so all the blinds are closed and it is extremely dark. However, opening up the blinds in the morning really gives me a burst of energy. The sunlight is really powerful because the sun rises on the same side as my window, so it makes me feel more awake.
- Wash your face. When you first wake up, there is no doubt in my mind that you feel groggy. When I was my face, that grogginess goes away and I feel so refreshed. It’s also important to wash your face in the morning to prevent breakouts and keep acne under control.
- Write a to-do list. This last step is what begins my journey for the day. If I don’t write a to-do list I feel so lost. This keeps me on track and allows me to do the important, time sensitive tasks I have yet to begin. I accomplish so much more because I don’t waste time, and I feel better when I can check things off my list.
I hope this list was helpful, and maybe inspired you to try doing a few of these.